The Margaritaville DM900 frozen-concoction maker offers the ultimate in portability. Just like this blender, tt can be used on the beach, out on a boat, at a tailgating party, or taken to a picnic in the park. It comes with its own re-chargeable battery and offers cordless operation so you can take it with you in your car, take it to a party or to the beach or just move it around your house when you need to, or have it close by when you have guests. The cordless Frozen Concoction Maker packs enough power to make up to a whopping 60-80 drinks on a single charge. It can be used to make margaritas, mudslides, daiquiris, or fruit smoothies. Power Packed!
It’s utility comes from a powerful heavy-duty18-volt Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery pack which powers a DC motor similar to those found in cordless power tools so you shouldn’t think it is going to be far less effective than your AC powered blenders for making smoothies. The Margaritaville DM 900 unit itself is cordless, so to charge the battery you first need to plug in the separate charging unit and then insert the battery into that. As the batteries are of the modern Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) type, they will last for far more cycles than any other type of battery, and are more resistant to damage. They also have much higher energy density i.e. they can store much more energy – than alkaline batteries and their charge also lasts for much longer before it becomes depleted. The battery simply slots into the back of the concoction maker. If you are planning on extra high usage, you can buy extra batteries and have them charged and ready to go. Check out DM2000 Concoction maker Review.
The DM900 has a 36-ounce shatterproof jar with a mango-colored rubber accent handle. It large and quite sturdy and its 36oz. capacity is adequate for making 4 glasses of drinks in one go. The blending jar is transparent so you can easily see how the blending is going – especially while in manual mode. It also has a pour spout so you can pour your drinks without making a mess.
All the controls are in front, fully accessible, large and simple to use – so you won’t have any trouble using the unit on your boat, for example.
There are 3 Simple controls
- On/Off switch.
- Number of drinks to make (1-3)
- Mode of use – automatic, shave or blend.
Included in the pack are a salt rimmer and shot glass.
Various transport containers and accessories – such as extra batteries – are available to purchase separately.
Using the Margaritaville DM 900
It is simplicity itself to use – With DM900 on pre-programmed setting, just load up the ice reservoir with ice, then add the ingredients you want to blend to the blending jar, choose how many drinks you want to make by twisting the drink dial (up to 3 in one sitting) and then press the start control button. The Margaritaville DM 900 does the rest of the work for you by automatically shaving the ice and then whipping it up into your drinks to produce as much as 36 ounces of perfectly blended frozen drinks. Because it shaves the ice rather than crushing it you are never be left with chunks of ice in the middle of your drinks.
The Margaritaville DM 900 is not bulky for blender – measuring approximately 15 by 10 by 21 inches, though at 19 pounds in weight, it is fairly hefty to lug around – about the weight of an average sized desktop computer.
- Produce restaurant quality frozen drinks without a cord.
- Battery-operated frozen-concoction maker offers cordless operation.
- Pre-programmed settings automatically shave ice and blend favorite drinks.
- 18-volt Ni-Cd battery pack; blends up to 60-80 drinks on a single charge.
- Transparent 36-ounce blending jar; powerful DC motors; front-access controls.
- Measures approximately 15 by 10 by 21 inches.
- Rugged design, premium graphite finish with mango accent color.
- Durable oversized controls.
- Simple controls – on/off, automatic, custom shave or blend, number of drinks to make.
Pros: Cordless, battery powered, portable, simple controls, restaurant quality blended frozen drinks.
Cons: No timer, Blends only – it is not a food processor.
- “…The battery lasts and lasts.”
- “…I was a little reserved about spending so much for a blender, but after getting it I can say it is well worth it”
- “…Perfect for the outdoor adventures…”
- “…We’ve used it for all sorts of frozen drinks, ‘leaded’ and ‘unleaded’…and they’ve all turned out pretty good.”
- “… This machine far exceeded my highest expectation”
- “…We love this thing! We have brought it out on the boat and camping in the summer and to tailgate parties all year long.”
- “…If you’re tailgating and staying in one place, it’s great. A little cumbersome for the boat. “
Warranty: Comes with a 2 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Where to buy: Click here now to purchase this item at the best prices –