Wow, I need to write a review for the KitchenAid Exactslice System 7-Cup Food Processor that I got for my kitchen. This thing is an absolute “dream come true.” When I was a little boy I would always watch my nana make dough and other foods in her KitchenAid stand mixer, so this is a brand that I have had positive experience with for a long time. When I got my own home as an adult, I wanted to make sure that I had the best kitchen appliances and so of course the KitchenAid brand is where I turned.
The KitchenAid food processor that I got from my mother twenty years ago finally died after so many years of use, so I needed to purchase a new one. While I am big on brand loyalty, I went ahead and did some internet research on other brands, just in case there was something out there that really caught my eye. In the end I found that the best reviews were still for KitchenAid and I bought this food processor in silver to match my kitchen.
Overall I have been completely satisfied with this food processor and I believe that it will continue to be a staple in my kitchen for many years to come thanks to its great and sturdy manufacturing…
Features and Specification
This food processor is 10.6 inches by 9.2 inches by 19.7 inches and it weighs less than ten pounds. The exactslice system allows you to easily choose how thick or thin you want your ingredients sliced whether they are hard or soft ingredients. The wide feeding tube offers 3 in 1 capabilities and it accommodates large foods without having to cut them down into small pieces. The motor is incredibly powerful but it runs quietly. This food processor is made of BPA-free plastic which is excellent and sturdy, and also strong and attractive stainless steel. This food processor comes with a 7 cup working bowl but it is interchangeable with a 9 cup bowl as well if you need more working capacity. The exterior of this machine is a gorgeous silver color that will go well in nearly every kitchen.
Pros & Cons
- The slicing and chopping discs on this food processor are adjustable. There are 6 settings that you can choose from for thickness and all you have to do is turn the dial!
- The touch buttons to control speed sit flush with the front of the unit. This is excellent because it prevents the buttons from sticking out and being a place that crumbs and other mess can gather.
- This food processor has three speeds, high, low, pulse, that are easy to choose from and an easy to push off button.
- The safety lock on this food processor ensures that the lid must be on and fastened correctly in order for the machine to turn on. This is a great safety feature, especially if you have small children around.
- One of the best features is that the components of this machine are dishwasher safe. You can put them on the top rack of the dishwasher with no issue, and the bowl does not get cloudy from being washed in the dishwasher.
- One thing that this food processor does not have that would be nice is a dough hook. However, it is possible that you could find one that is compatible with this system.
- I learned through trial and error that the lid of this machine must be on in a very specific way. The lid will click as if it is on in two different positions but only engage the lock in one position. The handle has to be on the right side, which can be a con for people who are left-handed.
I am so happy that I bought the KitchenAid Exactslice System 7-Cup Food Processor to replace my old worn out food processor. I have always been happy with the amazing quality of the KitchenAid brand and this time is no exception. I love the design of this machine and I love that I can easily keep it on my counter, or store it in my kitchen cabinets so that it’s out of the way when I am not using it. It has all of the important features that I need in a food processor without having an abundance of unnecessaryfeatures that are just there to sell the product. You see that in a lot of other brands with lower quality. This food processor is absolutely top notch and it is a great asset for any kitchen.